Issues in Education joins KTRS 55am – The Art and Jennifer Show – 11-26-19
On Tuesday, Nov. 26, Ittner Architects President and CEO Dennis Young joined broadcasters Art Holliday and Jennifer Blome to talk about how Education is being transformed for the 21st century. Dennis Young is an expert in school design, and founder of “Issues in Education”, a national platform for engaging ‘thought leaders.
Joining them on the broadcast was a group of national and regional experts, including: Dr. Robert Dillon, a national speaker and director of innovative learning for the University City School District; Dr. Tony Lake, superintendent of the Lindbergh School District; and Dr. Mark Lombardi, president of Maryville University, which was recently named the 4th-Fastest-Growing University in the U.S. by the Chronicle of Higher Education.
The group discussed:
· Closing the global achievement gap;
· School design and its impact on learning;
· Innovation in learning environments;
· How technology is changing how we learn;
· What students learn, where students learn and how students learn;
· Designing WITH kids versus designing FOR kids;
· Tying space design changes to mission and vision;
· And much more.
Listen to the short segments below: